I am honored to play this event and am so happy to be able to help in any way. Thanks to Boise Rock School for putting this together. I hope to see loads of friends there, our community is so strong and together we can make a huge difference.
In reaction to the violence that occurred 2 weeks ago, Boise Rock School planned a fundraising event to help raise money for families that were affected.
Here's the scoop:
1) The event will be at the Linen Building (1402 West Grove, Boise) on July 26; 6-10 PM. Even is all ages/ kid friendly.
2) There will be music. Tentative line-up (subject to change- stay tuned!):
6 pm - Bands from Boise Rock School
6:25 - Kathryn Guy
6:50 - Douglas Cameron
7:15 - Steve Fulton
7:40 - Weary Times
8:05 - Dedicated Servers
8:30 - TBA
8:45 - Kathleen Williams
9:10 - LED
9:40 - Ponderay
3) There will be a rad silent auction. We’ve received generous items from The Record Exchange (new turntable and a bunch of vinyl), Precious Metal Arts (custom jewelry) and many others.
4) We will have a food truck or two with folks busking outside the building.
5) Beer and wine will be available with ID.
6) Entrance is a suggested donation of $20. Folks can give more or less.
7) We will have t-shirts available for purchase. Thanks Palmer Cash!
This event is very short notice, but it will be very awesome. 100% proceeds will be given to the International Rescue Committee. While they are not the only organization supporting the Wylie residents, they have taken the lead on paying for necessary services, particularly medical bills, housing and child care to families who’s injuries have made child care particularly challenging.